YouTube was once a simple service. You simply uploaded your videos to the platform or watched videos other people uploaded. However, it has since diversified its portfolio, so to speak. YouTube Music, YouTube Premium, YouTube Originals, and YouTube Music Premium are now part of the main YouTube experience. Here’s everything you need to know about all of these services!
For the sake of clarity, let’s get the basics out of the way first and we’ll talk more about them afterward. Here is everything in YouTube and what it does.
- YouTube – YouTube is a video streaming service powered by the users of the site. It boasts 500 new minutes of content every minute and it’s the most popular streaming website ever.
- YouTube Premium – A subscription service with enhanced features for YouTube users. Features include background play on mobile devices, downloading videos for offline use, and no advertising.
- YouTube Music – YouTube Music was once just an offshoot of YouTube. It originally showed only music videos. However, it has since grown into a full-fledged music streaming service that uses YouTube as its backbone.
- YouTube Music Premium – This is the subscription service specifically for YouTube Music. It has the same features as YouTube Premium, but those features are locked to the YouTube Music service only.
- YouTube Originals – YouTube Originals is a set of exclusive content for YouTube. You needed YouTube Premium in order to watch this content. However, YouTube is making it free on YouTube with ads in the near future